Hand held Data Collection Unit
The DC-10 data collector is a tiny portable computer that fits easily in the palm of your hand. It links the vehicle's on-board computer and the garage computer, fulfilling two functions: downloading the data stored in the on-board computer and uploading new control software and configuration.
Using a DC-10 saves the expense of installing automatic data transfer devices between Data Loggers and the garage computer. The user goes to each vehicle, plugs the DC-10 in the on-board computer and presses the single GO button. The data stored in the vehicle's computer is copied to the DC-10. Back in the office, the user plugs the DC-10 directly into his computer and downloads the data for further processing by the analysis and presentation software.
- Various auditory and luminous signals indicate whether the operation was successful.
- Operation is simplified as much as possible, allowing anyone to use it to collect all the data.
- The DC-10 is battery-operated, offering 4-8 months of autonomy.
- The unit can have 128 KB to 1 MB of memory.
- The unit can be used as a temporary data acquisition system.
- Ideal for small applications where cost must be kept down.
- Complements other data-transfer systems such as spread-spectrum modems or infrared modems.
The unit transfers passenger-counting data from the on-board micro-computer to the garage computer, and uploads the on-board computer's software when necessary.
Internal memory: 1024 kb
Interface: Networkable TTL-RS-232
Speed: 600 - 230 400 bps.
1 alkaline 9 V battery
Consumption in communication: 250 mW, 22 mA
Consumption when idle: 50 uA
Storage temperature: -40 to 60oC / -40 to 140oF
Operation temperature: -30 to 50oC / -22 to 122oF
Humidity: 10-95% not condensing internally
Type: ABS GSM
Weight: 200 g / 7 oz
Size: 10,5 x 6,1 x 2,2 cm / 4,1 x 2,4 x 0,9 in.
DC-10: Data collector.
DC-10rf: Data collector with radio modem attachment.
DC-10ir: Data collector with infrared modem attachment.
Miniature onboard computer