On-board Computer / Data-Logger
The Data-Logger is the backbone of our passenger counting system. It analyses the signals received from the counting sensors in real time, then stores the results in memory. It also records the vehicle's position from the GPS antenna and transfers data from the bus to the office computer using a communication protocol.
The microcomputer can record data from up to eight sensors. The DL-10B uses signals from door switches (open/close) as well as the vehicle's transmission and engine (on/off).
The Data-Logger can use existing cabling, requiring new wiring only for the counting sensors in the front and rear doors in addition to the GPS antenna.
- May be connected to up to 8 sensors and existing on-board systems for more comprehensive data logging, such as fareboxes, radio communications, oil pressure, or engine temperature.
- Diagnostic lights permit testing major functions.
- A laptop computer or Palm device can be connected to visualize real-time counts.
- Data is available in CSV format, compatible with commonly used software such as Excel, Lotus, and Access.
- The memory can hold 1 to 4 weeks of data, depending on the number of routes driven.
- The Data-Logger's rugged design resists to harsh environmental conditions often found in public transit vehicles.
- A lithium battery maintains the system's time for more than 2 years in case of power loss.
- Data is safely stored permanently in flash memory.
The Data-Logger stores data from counting sensors, the GPS antenna and other inputs from the vehicle, then transfers it to the garage computer using the infrared modem, the spread-spectrum modem or the Data-Collector. The Data-Logger is also used in the traffic light priority system.
Memory: 512 kb - 1024 kb
Sensors: Up to 8 DA-20 sensors can be connected to one DL-10B
Signals: 4 analog or digital inputs.
Interface: Networkable TTL-RS-232
Speed: 600 - 230 400 bps
10 to 20 VDC
Consumption: 4 W, 240 mA (sensors' consumption excluded)
Storage temperature: -40 to 60oC / -40 to 140oF
Operation temperature: -40 to 50oC / -40 to 122oF
Humidity: 10-95% not condensing internally
Type: NEMA-4X, high-impact ABS
Weight: 750 g / 1,7 lb.
Size: 7 x 22,2 x 5,5 cm / 5,7 x 8,7 x 2,2 in.
DL-10B Data acquisition and analysis system
Miniature onboard computer